[filmscanners] Re: Profiles

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:17:09 -0230  michael shaffer (michael@shaffer.net)
wrote:

>   Although print spaces shouldn't be considered to have a "larger" gamut,
> some of their color capabilities (cyan-green-yellow) are considered
> outside
> typical monitor spaces.  Therefore, most consider sRGB to have too small
> gamut for anything other than wwweb presentation.

I do wonder sometimes if some of the purists have ever actually tried
printing sRGB. IME not too many photos include colours which will inhabit
the difference between sRGB and Adobe 98, but there are certainly
peculiarities about the gamut of Epsons which I quite often find
uncomfortable and afflict quite a lot of images in any colourspace.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons