[filmscanners] Re: Scanning negs vs. slides

Michael writes:

> That's pretty easy relative to monitor space
> or sRGB.

Yes, but you spoke of a "large gamut device" on which sRGB would fail my
"looks nicer" test.  I'm not aware of any such devices.  sRGB was developed
specifically to accommodate the poor gamut of the average CRT display, in
fact.  It would certainly be nice to have a monitor that could fully display
Wide Gamut RGB.

> Since this list's about film scanners, that's
> #1!

Scanners capture, they do not display.

> ... any excellent quality printer (including many
> desktop Epsons)!!

All printers, even excellent ones, have pretty dismal gamuts.

> ... an film recorder!!!

I have no experience with film recorders, so I'll take your word for it.