From: "Eugene A La Lancette PhD MD" <lalancet@massmed.org>
To: <geoffmurray@primus.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 8:36 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Tiresome Arguments Ad Infinitum

Agree

-----Original Message-----
From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of
FrankPeele@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:21 AM
To: lalancet@massmed.org

It's amazing -- and sad -- just how often a few of  those on this list seem
driven to engage in hair-splitting arguments about anything not seen quite
their way by another. I've no idea of their chronological ages, but the
level
of their "debate" is way up there at about what you'd expect from seventh
graders.

I've learned a good bit from this list, and am grateful for that. But the
tone of the discourse is  w-a-a-a-a-y  too often just petty bickering by a
few who take themselves much too seriously. True, my delete key still works,
but it's no longer worth it to me to plow through dozens of rants and
personal attacks to uncover the occasional gem. None of this has been
directed at me, so I don't take it personally; I'm just fed up with it.

I'm curious enough about whether others are growing weary too, that I'll
delay my unsubscribe request a day to see what response this might get.

Frank Peele
Pacific Photographic
Redlands, CA USA

---