[filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!/ The"Pepper Grain" problem.

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!/ The"Pepper Grain" problem.
  • From: "Martin Greene" <camerabuggy@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:35:54 -0400

Regarding the pepper grain effect which has been driving me wild for some
time, and to which I have attributed various causes, there is an article on
it in The Luminous Landscape by Nick Rains.  Using an Imcacon Flextight, he
noted the spots.  He also noted that Digital Ice removes it.  He had scanned
Fuji Provia 100F, contacted Fuji about the problem and after some time Fuji
informed him that the problem lay in the film base.  So that is it.  I only
use Fuji film.  The "Pepper Grain" also shows up in Velvia and Astia.  Fuji
assured him that they would rectify the problem.

 http://www.luminous-landscape.com/fuji-pepper.htm

Martin

on 4/11/02 7:00 PM, filmscanners_Digest_owner@halftone.co.uk at