[filmscanners] Re: Re:Digital PIC

Preben writes:

> Antony unilaterally changed the parameters
> for the discussion to one shot backs - probably
> unintentionally....

It was quite intentional.  I wished to point out that digital backs that can
be used just like film backs (that is, handheld photography or photography
of moving subjects) don't come anywhere close to film in resolution right
now.  In order to prevent the young males from objecting that scanning backs
have higher resolution, I explicitly excluded them, and thus saved myself
several back-and-forth posts (or so I thought).  The discussion was
implicitly about one-shot backs, anyway, since those are the only backs that
can compare to film for practical use as a general rule, but I knew that if
I didn't say something explicitly, the kiddies would object.