[filmscanners] RE: Power Line Filter

This is absolutely NOT hogwash.  It's called EMI, Electro Magnetic
Interference.  It is VERY well known to exist, and cause the exact problems
mentioned.

I have not experienced scanner noise with my scanner, but it is designed
such that this will not be an issue.  That does not mean that no scanners
don't have these problems.  It is very believable, and in fact, likely.  The
scanner has very sensitive analog circuitry in it, that operates at micro
volts, and as such, poorly designed, is VERY susceptible to EMI.

It is also very different than a log of the audio silliness with Shitake
stones and magic wands.  This is based on sound (or not so sound in the case
of poor design) engineering principles.

Austin