[filmscanners] RE: Depth of Focus (was Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000)

Dickbo,

> Your looking for trouble my friend or an argument for it's own sake which,

I am only looking for an answer to my questions.  And merely asked you to
further explain why you said what you said.  I have far better things to do
than argue for the sake of argument.

> if followed through, would soon depart from the question and it's inherent
> purpose and fly off into the outer region of intellectual free
> space wherin
> you no doubt wish to exist.

Apparently you consider accurate technical understanding "intellectual free
space".  I do believe in accuracy of information and clarity of
understanding.

> If that is your purpose then go there by all means but you will
> not find me
> in pointless theory land

Because you don't understand something, or it doesn't "mean" anything to
you, doesn't mean it isn't important in a general sense or important to
someone else.  It's not for you to decide what's important to someone else.
Now, I'm not at all saying that you either don't understand what you are
saying...and that's why I asked the simple questions.

> and certainly I have no wish to see you further
> inflate your already oversize ego.

Ooh, another personal attack there dickbo!  Please keep personal attacks off
this list, and keep the discussion technical.  If you make
claims/statements, you open the door to people asking questions about your
claims/statements.  If you can't answer them, that's fine...but don't
dismiss others for asking you to clarify your statements.  It's rude  and
comes across as a technique for you to make statements and not be
questioned.

My ego is not so fragile that when I am asked to qualify something I said, I
am unable to and have to resort to insults.

Austin