[filmscanners] RE: Scanner image adjustments vs. Photoshop

Eric writes ...

> >All adjustments are made just as well in PS
>
> Unless the colors are clipped before being exported.  I've used the
> brightness value in Vuescan to make sure that my highlights or shadows
> aren't being clipped too much before going into Photoshop.

  According to Ed, "brightness" is in fact "gamma" which should have very
little to do with the endpoints of the histogram (but, given Vuescan's
histograms, I'll have to make sure of what I say).  The proper tools for
avoiding clipping the histogram endpoints should be the whitepoint and
blackpoint percentage values ... i.e., seting them to very small values ...
e.g., 0.001.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)