From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
To: <7x@mindspring.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 12:15 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: LS-8000ED on Windows XP

7x writes:

> It works great. You just have to install the
> newest version of Nikon Scan.

I don't see any mention of drivers or anything with the scanner software.
Does installing Nikon Scan install any necessary drivers, or are no drivers
needed with FireWire devices, or how does that work?

Also, will any version of XP do, or does it have to be the pricey
professional version or something like that?  I want to get the cheapest
possible PC (except for a truckload of RAM), and the cheapest ones often
come with the "family version" of XP, whatever that is.  Would that still
work for the scanner?  I'm thinking of getting 1 GB to start, and if there
is room for expansion on the machine and I need more, maybe I can add more
later.