From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of
argv@danheller.com
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:40 PM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Using Silverfast and Photoshop at the same
time

well, the saga continues:

Reminder: I want to work on images in photoshop while Silverfast is
scanning [new] images from a batch session.

I found my silverfast disk and found that there is a TWAIN version
of the program in addition to the photoshop plug-in. However, it's
not clear what the difference is here. I can run the TWAIN version
from Photoshop exactly the same way, but it doesn't behave any
differently. Namely, I still can't run photoshop independently of
silverfast.  What is the functional difference between a photoshop
plug-in and a twain interface to the end-user? (Not that it makes
a difference in the context of my question.)

So, does silverfast have a way to use it as a stand-alone app like Insight?

--
        --dan

Photo Gallery:  http://www.danheller.com/