[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

Al -

I just bought a Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 Plus, which is a significant
improvement over the old 4000. It is available here in the US for $1200,
about $500 less than the Nikon LS-40 (CoolScan 4000ED?).

I'm pretty new to filmscanning, but have had absolutely no trouble with
this machine or either of the included software packages, and friends
who know this business well are all very impressed with it. The new 4000
Plus has FireWire and USB connectivity, but no SCSI.

I hope that this is of some help.

Rodger Kingston