[filmscanners] New Polaroid Software

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] New Polaroid Software
  • From: "" <al@greenspace.freeserve.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:45:20 -0000

There have been posts recently about the forthcoming software based
dust removal utility from Polaroid which is currently in beta testing.  Now
I'm assuming that the beta testers on the list are bound by non-
disclosure agreements but I'm curious if anyone can comment on the
following aspects of it:

Defects.  ICE is good at not only removing dust but also scratches,
fungus damage, watermarks etc.  Is the Polaroid software designed just
to deal with dust or can it cope with a range of defects as well?  And
(the big question) has anyone compared it side by side with ICE?

Price/Compatability.  (One for David at Polaroid, I guess.) Is this going
to be a standalone add-in which can be used on any scanner or is it
going to be a "unique selling point" for Polaroid scanners only?  If the
latter, is it going to be part of the standard upgrade path for Insight or is
it going to be value added extra?

Al Bond