[filmscanners] Re: Misc Multi Pro/VueScan/16-bit stitching

> QUESTION FOR ANYONE: I also have a considerable library of 6x17 panoramic
> negatives and transparencies. With the Minolta, I must stitch two (or three)
> scans to get in an entire image. My experience with this is that Photoshop
> won't let me use the move tool to combine 16-bit images. Am I doing something
> wrong, or is there another way to combine images?

> Denis

Only limited functions you can do on 16bit images.
Why not do whatever tweaking on the individual images in 16 bit and drop
them down to 8 before combining?

Is there some scientific reason the final files must be in 16 bit?
Monitors can't see it, printers can't print it. They're only using 8 bit.
I have no use for 16 bit, as can't see any diff even when output to my film
recorder. And if FILM can't see it, well....

Mac

           Mac McDougald -- DOOGLE DIGITAL
  500 Prestwick Ridge Way # 39 - Knoxville, TN 37919
 doogle@doogle.com  865-540-1308  http://www.doogle.com