[filmscanners] Re: 16-bit stitching

Well, if you must get it done in 16-bit mode, the
Rubber Stamp works in 16-bit, so one way to do this
might be:

1. Open two images
2. Use Canvas Size to extend one of the image
canvases.
3.  With  the rubber stamp, Alt-click (Option-click on
Mac) a very precise spot on one image that meets up
with the other image.
4. Click in the second image exactly where the point
from the first image would overlap.
5. You should now be able to rubber stamp the second
image into the first one.

I use this technique to merge differently exposed
scans in 16-bit. The toughest part is aligning the
rubber stamp. The Caps Lock crosshair and a very
small, sharp image target help.