[filmscanners] RE: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

>> I believe some users say they get usable Vuescanned images
>> straight off their scanners, without much tweaking in
>> Photoshop.

I've certainly had some excellent results direct from VS.

I'm by no means a professional photographer; the following examples are
holiday shots, all taken with a Canon EOS300, and processed at Boots*.
They were scanned on my LS-40 with Vuescan, saved as Jpegs, and the only
post-processing I've done is to crop and shrink them to post to the web.

  http://www.otway.com/photos/Film057_Pic020.jpg
  http://www.otway.com/photos/Film058_Pic025.jpg
  http://www.otway.com/photos/Film060_Pic018.jpg
  http://www.otway.com/photos/Film056_Pic035.jpg

They could probably be improved with some manipulation, but I'm very
pleased with the direct results, and haven't had enough time to find my
way around all of the adjustment facilities in Photoshop 6. In
particular I've got to have a look at PS6's clean up functions to see if
I can remove the hair from the top RHS of the fourth photo - it seems a
hair got stick on the len without us noticing!

Mark

* A chain of pharmacy stores in the UK, for those not familiar with the
name.