[filmscanners] Scanning Questions

"Maris V. Lidaka, Sr." <mlidaka@ameritech.net> wrote:
I have a bundle of bridges for sale for $49.95:

2 in Chicago,
3 in New York, and
3 more in San Francisco

Maris,
Would you consider breaking up the set? I only have two San Francisco
models (GG and BB). What's your third?
-------------------
After all the hard drive, digital camera, and printer posts, I've got a
couple of what may be OT Scanning questions:

I have a number of old (1980's) Kodachrome slides to scan on my Minolta
Dimage Scan Dual II. With both the Minolta software and Vuescan, they
come out very dark on the previews. On a typical slide, in Vuescan I
have to set the brightness to something like 1.6 to get any kind of
decent tonal range. (WP=0, BP=0) In Photoshop, it's difficult to get
levels/curves adjusted to get a good image. Is this the nature of
Kodachrome, or is there something else I can do?

Back in the early '80's, I switched from slide film to Eastman 5247 so I
could get both slides and prints. I now want to scan those negatives.
Does anyone have any experience with this film? Any advice?

I've tried to use Vuescan 7.5, but the Rotation doesn't seem to "stick"
when scanning a batch of negatives. Everything scans with "None"
rotation. Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Preston Earle
PEarle@triad.rr.com
PEarle@CGraphics.com
www.CGraphics.com