[filmscanners] Re: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

Absolutely. I understand that you are describing a problem between the
monitor and the printer and the scanner is irrelevant. FWIW I had similar
problems with my two Epson printers (a 1270 and a 3000). The approach that
I worked out after much travelling in circles might be useful enough to
pass on ....

My first sample prints to help tweaking the printer driver were BW images
printed as colour. IMO this made it much easier to figure out the extent
and nature of the printer colour casts. I have a lot of trouble knocking
the last bit of deviation out of a colour image ... all the efforts look
more or less OK as printed :-)

The ability to print the pix as BW (not colour) also gave me a good
reference for the "colour" pix.

I did the tests on the same sheet of paper. In my case it was A3 glossy. I
printed just the one small image (about 4x3) and moved it round the paper
ie I fed the same sheet through multiple times. So I ended up with
something like 8 copies on the same piece of paper each done at different
printer driver settings.  I use an album program called Photo Elf to shift
the images round, but more qualified folk than me could do it with a
flasher Adobe or Jasc product no doubt ....

It worked for me.

          Ian B

12:07 26/02/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Gentlemen, I believed I've not been clear.  It seems you've missed my point.
>I use both Vuescan and NikonScan 3.  My scans aren't the problem.  They look
>good on my calibrated monitor.
>
>My difficulty was getting them to print on my Epson 2000P with colors that
>matched the way they looked on my monitor.  I tried Epson's color profile, a
  etc etc