[filmscanners] Re: Where can I actually *buy* an Nikon 8000ED?

>>I have used the SS120 and the 8000 extensively and my experience does not
reflect yours.  I had fewer issues with The SS120 than the 8000.  Using
Silverfast and IT8 calibration, the SS120 provided much more accurate color
rendition, sharp scans and no banding.  I did not like the film holders as
well but nothing is perfect.  Also the one that I had quit (powered down)
several times in the middle of scanning.  I really liked the ICE with the
Nikon and at the time the nikon people ASSURED me that the banding problem
was due to a fault in my particular unit so I sent the SS120 back and got
another 8000.  You know the rest of the story.  So your 'worst' scanner may
not be someone else's.<<

Even though our experiences differ, resulting in differing opinions (I
haven't experienced the issues in question to the degree that you have), at
least you've used both scanners. This qualifies and validates your opinion,
which I respect. I still think people need to run their own tests rather
than relying on the opinions of armchair experts.