[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan: batch scanning raw files made by NikonScan.

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Vuescan: batch scanning raw files made by NikonScan.
  • From: "ThomasH" <herthh@attbi.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:21:56 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.periphs.scanners

Erik Krause wrote:

> Hi, ThomasH
> you wrote...
>
> > But: I discovered that there is no mean to process files in batch.
> > Vuescan lacks the ability to select a set of files and to process
> > them just like it would do it with film frames.
>
> At least with version 7.5 it works. The files should have names like
> IMAGE001.TIF, IMAGE002.TIF and so on. You specify "Scan from Disk" and

Ok, I got it. The files do not need to be *.raw etc., but their names
must comply to a convention and there is more:

a) use file names with the rising digits in their name _on the end_.
b) use frame numbers, just like with roll film adapter.

Furthermore:

Do not do gigantic *.tiff from NikonScan to use reduction factor
in Vuescan! Excellent results are with 1:1 Vuescan processing
of a small *.tiff, already scaled down and than processed by GEM.
The downsizing by Vuescan and even using grain removal is just
much "grainier" than the GEM result taken directly.

For me GEM is the most valuable piece of software by ASF.
I can finally obtain good scans from Kodak E200 on the LS4000!

Thomas.