[filmscanners] RE: Blackpoint & noise, was grain

Mark,

if these are different hardware scans (and not different scans - from disk -
of the same raw file), the fact that the "noise" has exactly the same
pattern in both pictures indicates that it is *not* noise (which is random),
and it is more visible in the picture with bp=1% simply because that picture
is a bit brighter (or, at least, it appears brighter on my monitor).
If they are not, I'd recommend to make two separate scans of the film an
check again...

Alessandro Pardi