[filmscanners] Re: Films and scanners going together

Tomek Zakrzewski wrote:

> I'd love to have the Minolta Multi Pro, but it's software is allegedly poor
> with negs. And if I use VueScan instead, I definitely lose the ICE and GEM
> features of the original software, right?
> VueScan's capabilities in these respect are rather of lesser quality, so I'm
> stuck and can't make a decision.

Easy solution.  You can do a raw 16 bit (positive) scan to a file in the
Minolta software, using ICE/ROC/GEM if you want.  You can then use
Vuescan to remove the mask and work its usual magic to produce the
final version.

This way, you can have the best of both worlds!

Al Bond