[filmscanners] RE: What moves during scan? (was: Digital ICE)

> >>When looking and listening to my LS4000 scanning, I start to wonder
> >>how long the sensors actually stays still
> >It's not the sensor that moves, obviously, but the film.
>
> Is this the case for the LS-4000?  In my LS-30 the film stays
> still during the scan.

Hi Bob,

Apparently it's not the case for all film scanners.  The only "consumer"
film scanner I've used is the SS4k, which does move the film.  It appears
the reason for moving the sensor/lense/cabling etc. is to allow for entire
roll scanning.  I am curious if the SS120 and the Nikon 8000 move the film
or the sensor?  Anyone know?  Is Nikon the only manufacturer to move the
film sensor etc.?

Austin