[filmscanners] Re: Slightly OT: Hard Drive Speed

>>Moreno, on my desk right now I have 4 x 18.2 SEALED NEW IBM U-SCSI-3
bought
from PCPARTSINC www.pcpartsinc.com who is a legitimate dealer and more over
is a Company so Police and FBI can go and inspect whenever they want.
Eache of the drives costed 100$ and they NEW + SEALED + UNDER 3 Years
warranty worldwide (I am in Italy and I have already used the warranty on an
EXPENSIVE 36GB U-SCSI-160 with free substitution)

Sometimes the world is dynamically changing and paradigms are not fitting to
everything for every situation.<<

I'm not doubting that you can get good deals on surplus drives. IBM makes
excellent drives, and if you can get them at a good price, more power to
you. The price you paid is not what the typical selling price would be be
from your local computer dealer.

Here in Canada, a new IBM 18gb 10k U160 drive sells for $350 to $375. For
the same amount of money, you can also buy a WD Caviar 100gb 7200 rpm drive.
That's more than five times the amount of storage for the same amount of
money.