From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of John Prokos
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:59 PM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Scanning old Lantern Slides

Charles,

The problem with that approach right now is that they want to archive the
images, and the dyes in color negative film are relatively unstable. A
digital file is good for a lot longer - as long as it is stored on good
media like MO disks or high quality CDR. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

John