Von: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] Im Auftrag von
Contradasaletta@aol.com
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Februar 2002 23:26
An: andreas@wistuba.com
Betreff: [filmscanners] nikon 4000 ED

I recently purchased a Nikon 4000 ED scanner.  So far I have had very
good luck scanning color negatives and using the Digital ICE control to
remove scratches.  However, when I attempt to scan a monochromatic
negative everything works fine until I enable Digital ICE processing.
If I try to scan my monochromatic negatives with Digital ICE, the scan
turns almost completely black and is unusable.  I've tried to brighten
the image with the analog gain control to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it possible to use Digital ICE
processing along with monochromatic negatives?  If Digital ICE is
incompatible with monochromatic negatives, is there another method I can
use to remove the scratches from my negatives?

Thank you very much.

Antonio Isidori