[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid Factory Service

This gadget made this forum some time ago.  It's name is the SprintScan 4000
Cleaning Brush.  The instructions begin with: "Maintain peak performance
from your Polaroid SprintScan 4000 scanner by using the cleaning brush
monthly.  Also use the brush if the scanner motor runs and the yellow LED
flashes when no film is in the carrier."  Tech support mails them free.  The
brush looks like a miniature toothbrush about one half inch long.  Its long
axis is parallel to the slide carrier.  It attaches to the front end of the
35mm slide carrier by a friction mount.  It runs off to the left of the CCD.
I ran mine in once, following the directions exactly.  It jammed at the
depth of the CCD where it stopped just short of a transverse shelf.  It
would neither advance, nor withdraw.  Tech support was no help.  Am I
somehow clumsy, or have others suffered this misfortune?
Keith:

>Then I ran that brush through and it stuck.

What brush?

Did I miss something that came with mine?

Eric