[filmscanners] Re: Photoshop (on Mac) bogs, VueScan hoggingprocessor?

To All:
        I just opened VueScan 7.4.2 for Mac OS X.  The Unix-based OS
X has some powerful utilities that allow you to monitor the system.
One is called Process Viewer that shows the memory and CPU use for
all open applications and system processes.
        While scanning either a preview or final scan in VueScanX,
the CPU usage is about 5-10 %.  However, once the scan is done, CPU
usage jumps to about 45%, even when it is in the background and at
idle.  There may be some CPU usage effect for Ed to work on.
        However, let me say that VueScanX works very well under OS X
and is the only software that drives my Canon FB 1200S flatbed SCSI
scanner under OS X (Canon have not yet released an OS X driver).  I
have been able to make nice color and B/W scans.  The only difficulty
is that the OS X support for the built-in SCSI port on my Beige G3
does not work well with the scanner, but an Adaptec 2903 card with
Adaptec OS X drivers works fine.
                Regards,
                Bob