[filmscanners] RE: Nikon 4000ED

>  > I already have a
>>  Polaroid SS4K and I'm happy with the quality, but the lack of a bulk
>>  feeder is really becoming a problem.
>
>Same here.  I wonder how folks scan in batches, though.  I find I have
>to manually adjust the crop size in VueScan for each and every frame
>(auto crop never seems to get it right).  Or do you just set the crop
>area much larger knowing that you'll cover the image in every case and
>then crop later in Photoshop?

Everything gets scanned raw and worked on later. So, yes, whatever
programme is doing the original scan, I always set the crop area
larger to make sure I get everything, then crop it later.

>>  Is it really necessary to
>>  remount transparencies in glass mounts? And if so, what are about
>>  sharpness with the negative film holder?
>
>>From what I hear, yes.  Tina Manley, who loves her LS 4000 and use the
>bulk feeder, swears by Gepe 7003 glassless mounts.

Gepe glassless are what I normally use, so if they really do hold the
film flat enough for the Nikon, then I'm ok - I won't have to remount.

Thanks for such a quick reply!

Jeremy Nicholl