[filmscanners] RE: Nikon 4000ED

> I already have a
> Polaroid SS4K and I'm happy with the quality, but the lack of a bulk
> feeder is really becoming a problem.

Same here.  I wonder how folks scan in batches, though.  I find I have
to manually adjust the crop size in VueScan for each and every frame
(auto crop never seems to get it right).  Or do you just set the crop
area much larger knowing that you'll cover the image in every case and
then crop later in Photoshop?

> Is it really necessary to
> remount transparencies in glass mounts? And if so, what are about
> sharpness with the negative film holder?

>From what I hear, yes.  Tina Manley, who loves her LS 4000 and use the
bulk feeder, swears by Gepe 7003 glassless mounts.  I ordered a case
from Adorama and it _just_ arrived this morning.  Even though I don't
have a Nikon 4000, I'm hoping the Gepe mounts will help keep my images
focused across the screen during slide shows (another symptom from film
curvature).

Dan