[filmscanners] Re: Monitor Calibration

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Monitor Calibration
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:10:30 EST

 > Also, when you adjust the black luminescense with PhotoCal, the
 > contrast is put up to 100% before the brightness is adjusted to
 > allow the 4 dark boxes to be just separable from each other.  But
 > then when I adjust the white luminescence to the appropriate
 > value I need to turn the contrast down to about 79.  Is it
 > correct that you  do not readjust the black luminescence with the
 > brightness control once the contrast has been adjusted downwards?

Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

<This is something that I have found confusing, as I have heard several
<different opinions, though most seem to think that you should not go back and
<readjust.  I have found that the Color Vision folks have not always answered
<my e mail (not that I have sent very many, but it sometimes seems hit or miss
<in terms of getting a response).  I just e mailed them with this question.
<When I get a response I will gladly post what they say.
<
<Howard
<

I got  a response from Color Vision tech support today.  They say that after
adjusting the black luninescence and then adjusting the contrast downwards
that you should not readjust the brightness again.

Howard
HMSDOC@aol.com