[filmscanners] Re: Strange VueScan problems (bright blue high lights!)

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:02:36 +0100  Ralf Schmode (rschmode@gmx.net) wrote:

> Florian Rist schrieb:
>
> [blueish cast on what should be white]

I have seen this many times with Vuescan + SS4000, and have posted about it
previously.  Symptoms are that the prescan looks fine, the final scan has
highlights with a strong cyan-blue cast.

I believe it is an occasional shortcoming in calibration with the scanner,
perhaps caused by cropping too close to the blank film rebate. The cast is
the inverse of the orange film mask. However it is an interaction of
hardware and software, not just a Vuescan issue. Once it has occurred it
will recur until the scanner is power-cycled. Closing and reopening Vuescan
is not enough to clear the problem.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info