[filmscanners] Re: Warning and huge disappointment: Minolta Scan Elite II shadowbanding

EdHamrick@aol.com schrieb:

[Minolta Scan Elite II}

> It looks like this is either dust in the calibration light path, or more
> likely is a bit of dirt on the glass over the CCD.  It could also be a
> small flaw in the CCD.

Hi, Ed,

I'd be happy if that was true. But, if you look closely, there is
horizontal banding all over the shadow areas. If that really is dirt,
the unit must have been stuffed with it before being shipped :-(

> I recommend exchanging the scanner.

I am still waiting for feedback to find out if this is a systematic
fault with the Scan Elite II. If yes, I am not going to try another
Minolta unit. I have informed Minolta and I'll gladly wait for their
reply - until Friday when I'll return the unit to where I got it from.

Best regards -

Ralf

--
My animal photo page on the WWW: http://schmode.net
Find my PGP keys (RSA and DSS/DH) on PGP key servers