[filmscanners] Impressed by Nikon CSIV and Pol.4000question

Hi All:

Just thought I'd put in my recommendation of the Nikon Coolscan IV,
after using one at a client's home.  I found the image data excellent
and just by setting highlight and shadow points in the curves
section(after entering RGB15 shad and RGB245 highlight in the
options/advanced color section) and using the Nikon software with no
ICE, I was amazed at how quick, sharp and fine detailed the scans
were(color slide 400ASA), even compared to the Nikon SCoolscan4000.
I think that for most people this scanner has more than enough data
and with interpolation 50-60mb should retain data just fine.

What really blew me away was the how nice the blue channel was, which
I seem not to have success with using my Polaroid SS4000(always
mottled).  I'm still getting great scans using Silverfast, but is
there a way to improve my blue channel noise and mottling?

All the best!

-Andy Darlow