RE: filmscanners: Nikon Scan V3.1.2 For Windows and MAC IMPORTANT

> [mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of James Grove
>
> You should always uninstall the Windows versions and also run
> the regsweep utilitity in the Utils folder of that versions
> download, then install the new version after reboot.

I made registry snapshots before and after installing NS version 3.12
with ConfigSafe Complete Recovery 4.0. Examination of the keys that NS
uses shows no compelling reason to do that with this version. As I'm
very likely the only person on this list who's written an entire book on
the NT registry I think I can say that with some authority;-)

If I recall correctly prior NS versions prompted users to uninstall
earlier versions. However, this version no longer does that so it's just
a waste of time. I was able to use NS 3.12 immediately after running
setup without any problems at all. If it makes anyone feel better then
go ahead and run regsweep. It won't hurt anything.

Cary
(formerly caryer@microsoft.com, Senior Technical Writer on Windows NT
Server Resource Kit team at Microsoft 1991-97)

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com -- "Behind all these manifestations is the
one radiance, which shines through all things. The function of art is to
reveal this radiance through the created object." ~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.