Re: filmscanners: Album software

"Ian Boag" <ianboag@partslink.co.nz> wrote:

"I want to print album pages. My ideal program will do the following:
1) Allow me to drop a set of images onto a page
2) Let me move, rotate and resize the images
3) Where they overlap, let me control which is on top
4) Give me precise positioning and size control (not just by eye)
5) Allow me to write a mufti-line caption is a text box which I can
move, resize etc just like the images and with the same precise control
of size and placement
6) Be dead easy to drive
Microsoft Publisher and the like fail on point 6"

I think you are overestimating the importance of (6). As a wise friend
of mine once said, "All things which are now easy were once hard." You
really need a page-layout program, and there are several available. A
good review of the usual suspects is at
<http://www.worsleypress.com/pubprod/DTPcontenders.htm>

That being said, you can use any of several other programs to do the
same thing, just as you can hammer with a large wrench.

Preston Earle
PEarle@triad.rr.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.