RE: filmscanners: VueScan 7.3.5 color space bug?

Julian writes ...

> Thanks, Ed.  This seems like a good interim solution, until VueScan gets
> real color management.  ...

  My idea of "real" color management would be Vuescan's ability to
accommodate a scanner's device profile ... but I understand the complexities
of Vuescan accommodating LUT profiles.

  On the other hand ... Ed's implimentation of "monitor color space" is a
mystery.  The option implies a "device space" but instead makes only working
spaces available, and what does "device RGB" imply in this context?  "sRGB"
should be my preference ... it is most like my D65 2.2 monitor ... but is
not my monitor's color space!  While monitor spaces are generally 2D matrix
profiles, Vuescan should be able to work with them ... and Vuescan, in this
context only, should allow us to choose our specific display profile.

my $0.02 & cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.