Re: filmscanners: Moiré pattern in scan

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:14:06 -0800, Arthur Entlich <artistic@ampsc.com>
wrote:

>Where did you see the Moiré?  If it is on the monitor, can it be removed
>or altered by viewing the image at a different magnification?  If so, it
>may not really be there other than at certain pixel interpolations
>on your screen.  If it appears regardless of the magnification on the
>screen, try a different scanning resolution, or alter the method of
>interpolation you use when altering the size.

I have a Kchrome of a large building with closely spaced vertical concrete
"ribs" on the walls (it's the opening shot on my web site).  On the screen
at normal working enlargements I get a very strong moire.  It's a screen
artifact, though, and doesn't show up on prints at all.

Paul
http://www.chefurka.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.