filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Filmscanners: OT: E-mail virus

[bouncing of possibly infected attachments]
>Perhaps we should all suggest to our service providers that they should
>impliment a similar scheme.

At some point, Microsoft will probably kick up a stink.  I wish they'd never
allowed VBS or any sort of scripting in email!  Frankly there ought to be
a class action against Microsoft for implementing such a pathetic security
model.  Security?  What security!  I have a PC that runs at least 30% slower
than it could all because of Microsoft "security".

It's in the best interests of the ISPs to implement some sort of mail scanning,
because eliminating viruses will reduce the likelihood of network storms
resulting from virus propagation.
In other words - getting rid of viruses at the server would help the internet
be faster and more convenient.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com