Re: filmscanners: Monitor Calibration

----- Original Message -----
From: "michael shaffer" <rarewolf@roadrunner.nf.net>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 1:28 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Monitor Calibration

 Thanks for the answer Michael .
I found some fine print on my monitor specifications that stated, the RGB
controls only work if the monitor is set in the "Highlite Mode" doing so I
found the RGB controls on the monitor did effect the settings In the Spyder
software--Problem solved-- The monitor has two modes of operation  standard
and highlite. The  highlite can be made smaller than the main window and
then it rides as a bright window in the standard window being placed
wherever you want it. It can also be made as large as the monitor window
which I will have to use to calibrate the monitor and also edit my pictures
in. This is a new monitor for my  computer and I had no idea this feature
was on it. Guess the game Boys will make use of it. (Samsung 955DF)

                                                John Horton
> John D. writes ...
>
> > My montor has a Matrox 550 graphics card. I am trying to use
> > the Color Vision Spyder soft ware to calibrate the monitor ...
> >
> > the monitor RGB adjustments do not make any changes in the
> > Spyder software readings. I have the feeling that the Matrox
> > has taken control over the RGB settings on the monitor making
> > the RGB settings on the monitor redundant.
>
>   This shouldn't be possible.  That is, the settings you make with the
> monitor (brightness, contrast, etc) should be obviously apparent and
> independent of the Matrox driver.
>
> > Has anyone else had this problem with a Matrox graphics card
> > or other card using the Spyder and how they solved it?
>
>   The fact it worked with another computer may imply a problem with the
> errant computer's USB port ... or possibly a conflict with some software.
> had to fix mine by installing a PCI USB bus independent of the one which
> came with my mobo.  It worked perfectly after that.  You might try
disabling
> any other USB device or give Colorvision support better symptoms ... they
> were very helpful with me.
>
> shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.