RE: filmscanners: Monitor Calibration

John D. writes ...

> My montor has a Matrox 550 graphics card. I am trying to use
> the Color Vision Spyder soft ware to calibrate the monitor ...
>
> the monitor RGB adjustments do not make any changes in the
> Spyder software readings. I have the feeling that the Matrox
> has taken control over the RGB settings on the monitor making
> the RGB settings on the monitor redundant.

  This shouldn't be possible.  That is, the settings you make with the
monitor (brightness, contrast, etc) should be obviously apparent and
independent of the Matrox driver.

> Has anyone else had this problem with a Matrox graphics card
> or other card using the Spyder and how they solved it?

  The fact it worked with another computer may imply a problem with the
errant computer's USB port ... or possibly a conflict with some software.  I
had to fix mine by installing a PCI USB bus independent of the one which
came with my mobo.  It worked perfectly after that.  You might try disabling
any other USB device or give Colorvision support better symptoms ... they
were very helpful with me.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.