RE: filmscanners: Sharpening scanned images for printing

> Austin,
> I guess we are back to my original disclaimer about not being
> able to discuss this.  If you claim that
> 'scans', are not of the grain of the film, I don't understand
> where the scanner is getting it's information
> from.

Harvey,

You are obviously not understanding what I am saying.  A scanner, depending
on its resolution, and the grain size of the film, may or may not resolve to
the film grain.  Not all scans resolve to the film grain.  Of course, the
scanner is "seeing" the film grain (it "sees" what ever is in its light
path), but that does not mean it is resolving it.

> If you insist that in this field (photography) a 'Holga' image is
> nothing more than an artsy fartsy example
> and not a valid form of photography, I cannot carry on a
> conversation with you.

No, again, you are missing my point.  What you are claiming you do with the
Holga is just not relevant to the conversation, which, of course, does not
say anything about whether it is a valid form of photography or not.  I
shoot for grain sometimes with very high end cameras, and not so high end
cameras, both 35mm and MF, of course it's an entirely valid form of
photography.

I believe you are right about something though, we can't continue this
conversation.  You either don't understand what I have been saying, or don't
want to understand it, and if you don't want to even try, I am sorry to say,
then there's not much more I can do.

Regards,

Austin

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.