RE: filmscanners: Batch image processing software (Windows)?

To the list --

CompuPic gets my endorsement. I've looked at lots of
viewers/thumb-nailers/contact-sheet-makers/batch-processors/slide-show-presenters.

It does it all and is extremely fast. It views BMP, EPS,  GIF, ICO, JPEG,
PCX, PNG, TARGA, TIFF, WMF, and flattened PSDs as well as a variety of
sound and movie formats. You can easily set it up so a control-click
(command-click on Mac) opens a thumbnail in Photoshop (or any other editor
you like). You can set up its full-screen display to automatically resize
an image in even increments to be as large as possible on-screen. Its
contact-sheet maker is so fast and well designed as to make Photoshop's
similar capability seem laughable. It's extremely customizable, and many
functions are available via keyboard shortcuts.

Try it, and don't look back!

-- Victor Landweber

At 12:52 PM 12/7/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>Check out CompuPic Pro (www.photodex.com), it has batch
>processing/conversion capabilities, in addition to viewing, thumbnailing,
>and indexing functions. It's also extremely fast at decoding and displaying
>images.
>
>Cliff Ober

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.