Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

I have to ask this, Maris, and please don't take it the wrong way:  you
seem very high on Vuescan. Why? What is it you like about Vuescan over and
above SilverFast AI or whatever software that came with the scanner you
use? What are the advantages? What are the disadvantages?

Tris

>Not to beat a dead horse, but Vuescan will do a RAW scan as well, and if
>you were to take a 1/2-hour break from learning Silverfast I guarantee
>even you would know enough to use Vuescan well.
>
>I have also tried working with RAW scans - the primary problem with
>negative film is the orange mask but it can be done.  It's just easier the
>regular way.
>
>Maris

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.