Re: filmscanners: Scanning large quantities of slides...

I'll leave others to comment of appropriate scanners for your needs.  If
the SS4000 had a bulk loader, it would probably be perfect, but to my
knowledge that's still on the drawing board.

I do hope you plan of keeping your film image collection someplace where
it can be reasonably archived while you are away (how long will you be
gone, if I might ask?) Cool, dark, with 30% humidity or so is probably
good, if you can swing it.  Of course safe from fire, volatile
chemicals, insects and molds.

Where are you being shipped off to, or is that a military secret?

Art

Ronald Vyhmeister wrote:

> I'm being transferred into the tropics, and I don't really want to carry my
> slide collection into that kind of environment...
>
> I'm looking at acquiring a slide scanner to do this job...and I don't have
> an unlimited budget...  It's all 35mm, no APS.  It's a mix of Kodachrome,
> Ektachrome and Fujichrome...  I don't want to do them one at a time, and yet
> I'm not sure I can afford the cost of the bulk loader with the Nikon 4000ED
> or some equivalent...  I know I will need some form of help with the
> dust/scratches (ICE or FARE, or something else?)... Not on all, but
> certainly on the older ones...  However, the older ones are Kodachrome,
> which I understand isn't helped much...
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated...
>
> Ron
>
> .