RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

Conclusion: If I will have a slow ,banding , and even slower scanner,  if I
will get rid of the banding - my first choice is Nikon LS 8000.
Also add to the conclusion: a scanner who not can scan a film sharp over the
whole area ( if the film is not mounted  in a glass frame).
Do I get this scanner for free ?????
Mikael Risedal

>From: "Paul Graham" <peegee@btinternet.com>
>To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
>Subject: RE: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!
>Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:24:47 -0800
>

>David,
>
> > Then I've done everything I can.  The 8000ED is just plain slow
> > with my Mac.
>
>It's ICE/GEM that is slow, not the Nikon.
>If you turn off GEM especially the scan times are remarkably good in normal
>mode...
>I doubt if you compare equals (no ICE in either scan) that you would find
>anything quicker in any of the scanners you mention.
>
> >At 4000 ppi w/ICE,
>8 bit, 1 pass...a 6x6 neg takes about 10 minutes.  That's on a 400 mhz G4
>w/1.5 gigs of RAM.
>
>You also state:
> >>ICE was an important factor for me.  The new Minolta Scan Multi Pro was
>not
>shipping at the time.  Others have claimed to *not* experience the banding
>problem with the LS8000.
>
>and then say:
> >but so far the banding hasn't been visible
>in the normal mode.
>
>so, in fact the "others" are right, no? banding is getting blown out of
>proportion by those who dont own the machine and/or those with vested
>interests. If you do come across an unusual slide, then check the super
>fine
>box and- end of problem..
>
>You will sort out your colour problems soon too, I'm sure. have patience,
>its a remarkable machine,
>
>Paul

Hämta MSN Explorer kostnadsfritt på http://explorer.msn.se

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.