Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

> Let me ask why did you buy the Nikon LS8000 if you recognised that it had
> problems with the banding?
>
> I ask - as I was considering both the SS120 and the LS8000.

ICE was an important factor for me.  The new Minolta Scan Multi Pro was not
shipping at the time.  Others have claimed to *not* experience the banding
problem with the LS8000.

Looking back, it was a risk that doesn't seem to be working out very well at
this point.  I have to admit though that I have *not* experienced any
banding so far.  I have had an old mounted slide be killer out of focus due
to shallow d.o.f..  The main problem is slow speed and horrible color.  I
suspect, however, that the color problem is a simple matter of figuring out
color spaces between NikonScan and Photoshop.  If I could solve that, speed
would be the only problem.  I've got 1.5 gigs of RAM on a G4.  If there's a
way to effectively allocate more RAM to NikonScan (used as a plugin)...I'd
be happy as a clam.  ;-)

Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.