RE: filmscanners: Nikon Scan DOES Vary LED Brightness

That's a potentially nice solution.  As I said earlier, the "blanking" time
that occurs during each "thrum" step (there are approximately 300) lasts
longer during an AG 4 scan, than during an AG 0 or AG -4 scan.

> thus increasing scan time but not increasing LED brightness or
> analog gain
> beyond the normal maximum.  This might fit with Jawed's observations
> although I take Ed's point that I don't know how you can tell whether an
> apparent brightness change is due to actual brightness change or
> change in
> the duty cycle of the LED (to accommodate changed integration times).

I agree that you can't tell the difference.  I wish that had occurred to me
earlier.

Ed asserted the scan speed is proportional to the analog gain setting.  Well
it isn't proportional.  That's what's puzzling me.

Jawed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.