Re: filmscanners: Superia, CM et al

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:38:56 +1300, you wrote:

>Ken Durling wrote:
>>I have two questions.  One is I'm having a very hard time scanning
>>Superia 400, and there's no setting for it in Vuescan.
>
>General consensus is to use Reala 100 (Japan), I believe. That choice gives me
>the most accurate colour with Superia.
>

>>Which leads me to my next question - what is the next step in getting
>into CM?
>
>I  would forget about CM until you have achieved a satisfactory workflow
>through to your printed output, with colour that you think is pretty good.
>Then maybe CM can gild the lily?

Colin -

Well, with the exception of a few films, I think I *am* fairly
satisfied with my workflow, which is why I think I'm ready to get a
little more precise.   I'm just getting small variations between my
monitor and printer - small but significant, like in skintones.  I
realize I'm probably opening a can of worms, though, and we all know
that the only way to get them back in the can is to use a bigger can!

Ken Durling

Photo.net portfolio:

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=402251

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.