Re: filmscanners: OT Drying problems when printing

I don't use any HP printers, but generally, they have good inks,
especially blacks.  I have noticed in looking at HP prints on some
papers this same tacky ink problem.

I would suggest trying two things.  One, stick to more porous papers
(such as mat finished clay coated based papers (kaolin surfaces) rather
than glossy papers based on either gelatin or polymer coatings. STay
away from any plastic based papers.

Secondly, try converting the image to CMYK rather than RGB mode, and try
reducing the black level to cut back on the amount of ink in the extreme
shadows.

I don't know how HP inks respond to Epson papers, since the technology
is quite different, but Epson inks on Epson papers do a great job (mat
or glossy, or pretty much anything in between...)  I have been very
happy with the Epson ink and paper combinations.

Art

Jorge Talkowski wrote:

 > I am newbie in digital darkroom, after 30 years of amateur b&w and color
 > chemical lab.
 >
 > I got outstanding prints using a HP 930 printer, form good scanning and a
 > little PS adjustemts, but when I print, dark parts are long term, if
any, to
 > dry.
 >
 > After trying with my wife handdryier and microwave, I want to ask if
the is
 > any solution.
 >
 > I test HP, Tetenal and Kodak paper, and color paper after fixing and
drying
 > it, but black ink is always tacky.
 >
 > any commets
 >
 > Jorge Talkowski