RE: filmscanners: VueScan cropping

>> You sometimes need to adjust the "Device|Frame offset"
>> option with the LS-40 and LS-4000, especially if there's a
>> bit of film leader.

I've tried that. It works, but it's not consistent between film strips -
meaning I'd have to manually check it for each film strip I put in,
which drastically slows down the workflow.

>> NikonScan does a prescan on the image
>> and finds the beginning of the frame,
>> but VueScan doesn't.

Would it be possible to add this as a future enhancement (coming, as it
does, from a fully paid-up registered user)? :-D

Even if VS did just one pre-scan per strip so that the frame offset was
automatically set that would be superb. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind
waiting whilst each frame was previewed in order to precisely place the
crop each time. It would mean that once I'd set the exposure and so on
for the first strip in a film, all of the following strips could then be
perfectly scanned without any intervention from me, other than inserting
the next strip - dramatically improving the workflow...

Thanks

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.